BENCO DENTAL’S initiative to celebrate the contributions of women in dentistry, The Lucy Hobbs Project, surges into its sixth year of driving positive industry change—from sea to shining sea.
The biggest get-together in Lucy’s datebook is the annual Celebration, at which guests honor the year’s half-dozen Lucy Hobbs Award winners—this time in San Francisco from September 13-15, 2018. The Lucy Hobbs Project itself, however, is very much a year-round concern, and the final meetup of 2017 was an immense success. Held last November 28 at Loft 29 in Manhattan’s West Chelsea neighborhood, the packed event was keynoted by Katie Meyler, founder and CEO of More Than Me, an organization that works with Liberia’s government to rebuild the education system in that West African nation.
What’s on the agenda for this fall in the City by the Bay? Plenty, and then some. For additional information, please check in regularly at LucyHobbsCelebration.com. We hope to see you there.
1) Lucy Hobbs–themed artwork at Loft 29;
2) a slice of Manhattan life;
3) (from left) Ivoclar Vivadent’s Tamara Summa, Benco director of business innovation Julie Radzyminski, 40 Under 40 alumna Dr. Sabiha Bunek and Ivoclar Vivadent chief operating officer Sarah Anders;
4) Hu-Friedy chief marketing officer Patrick Bernardi, Benco vice president of marketing and supply chain Terry Barrett and Hu-Friedy vice president Dale Herman;
5) Dr. Ioanna G. Mentzelopoulou, myofunctional therapist Admarys Allones, keynote speaker Katie Meyler and 2016 Lucy Hobbs “Woman to Watch” Award winner Dr. Kady Rawal;
6) Benco’s Kristin Murray with Benco Family Foundation executive director Rebecca Binder;
7) Benco territory representative Chris Lynn and practice-consulting specialist Wayne Oplinger;
8) Benco managing director Chuck Cohen, moments before his customary mic drop;
9) Benco business innovation project coordinator Brittaney Welsh and business solutions project coordinator Sarah Perks with practice-management coach Shelley Renee Starkman;
10) Forbes editor Randall Lane and Benco’s Donna Shrader;
11) Roberta Weber and Tom Moscato of GLO Science;
12) Dr. Pamela Marzban, one of the event’s speakers;
13) Benco’s Loriah Webby and Rachel Pugh;
14) Benco key vendor champion Sue Evans and Hu-Friedy’s Joy Lungo;
15) Benco’s Lisa Peifer and Michael Paquette.