With a new virtual format, Chicago Dental Society’s Midwinter Meeting will offer 118 classes from Feb. 25-27, including 99 live speakers and 19 pre-recorded courses during the live meeting.
In 2021, for its 156th event, Heart of Dentistry, the society extends the dates of the meeting through March 15 to ensure attendees both live and on-demand opportunities to experience the meeting.
What can virtual visitors expect from the CDS Midwinter Meeting?
There will be dedicated “LIVE” hours for the Exhibit Hall, where you can tour booths from exhibitors like Benco Dental (shown above) during the run of the meeting, Feb. 25 – 27, as follows:
Morning virtual exhibits: 9:30 to 11 a.m.
Midday virtual exhibits: 12:30 to 2 p.m.
Afternoon virtual exhibits: 3:30 to 5 p.m.
Exhibits are open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST each of the “LIVE” days of the meeting and offer the ability to schedule video chats and place orders at times most convenient for attendees. Each day of the live meeting, attendees can earn 1 CE hour of credit.
While on the Virtual platform, expect the following:
- networking opportunities,
- a job board,
- a Corporate Learning Theater,
- new product demonstrations,
- social media opportunities and games,
- the ability to sign up for a health screening through BlueApple Health and
- the ability to donate to the American Heart Association and CDS Foundation.
Questions? CDS offers answers.
- What’s the best way to register for CDS 2021?
Online registration will be available at cds.org through the entire Midwinter Meeting. Sign up for CDS text updates by texting DENTAL to 69922.
- Is there a difference between live and on-demand classes?
Speakers will conduct lectures in-person and be available to take attendees’ questions at the end; lecturers for the pre-recorded courses will be available live at the end of the class to accept questions. Classes are 1.5 hour long and offer 1.5 CE credits.
Casses will be recordings of the lectures from the live meeting. They will be posted beginning March 1 and available 24/7 through March 15 to attendees who purchase the all-access package. Most speakers have agreed to answer questions that are emailed to them during the on-demand meeting. Recorded classes also carry 1.5 CE credits.
- For additional details…
At the CDS Midwinter Meeting, the Benco Dental Virtual Booth presents SHOW SPECIALS, virtual live chats with team members and more
Head over to the Benco Dental virtual booth and at the publication area (shown below), don’t miss a chance to:
* sign up for our Benco Select loyalty program that includes free shipping on orders over $100, discounts and rebates on supplies and equipment support, and BluChips on all Benco purchases, including supplies, equipment, and services
- sign up for a free subscription for Incisal Edge, the nation’s premier dental magazine,
- tour our CenterPoint Dallas showroom with CenterPoint Genius Kathleen Bird,
- take advantage of Q1 merchandise and equipment promotions,
- learn about offerings on Benco Brand products, CAD/CAM options, equipment, BigBig Deals and more.
Definitely don’t miss this Show Special (details below):
and while you’re at the booth:
- gain Best Practices for Capital Investments in Dentistry
- consider options to improve air quality post-Covid with LifeAire Systems, Jade purifier, among others
- find out how Solea by Convergent is helping dentists achieve new levels of post-pandemic efficiency.
- learn how to Make Safety Your Best Investment
- get a sneak preview of the Midmark Experience Center
- meet the New iTero Element® 5D Imaging System
- check out KaVo’s OP 3D
- investigate CADCAM offerings from Amann Girrbach, EnvisionOne and others.
- find out how a small parts company that started at the Spencer family’s kitchen table grew into the largest dental parts manufacturer in the world and
- gain insight on Section 179 and financing options with Cain Watters.
Parting thoughts from the President
“While we will miss seeing you in person and visiting with you, I can assure you Heart of Dentistry will meet and exceed the high standards of the Chicago Dental Society. I am confident the 2021 Midwinter Meeting will be the best virtual scientific dental meeting presented. I encourage you to register early.”Dr. Dean Nicholas (Dr. Dino), 2021 Chicago Dental Society (CDS) President.
The post It’s Midwinter and the Chicago Dental Society Meeting is just days away. appeared first on The Daily Floss Blog | Benco Dental.