PITTSTON, PA — December 10, 2015 —Parents of patients who visit the Utah pediatric dentist Dr. Jason Horgesheimer often ask him for something unrelated to their kids’ dental care: interior-design pointers.
“It’s rewarding to have parents say ‘I want my house to look like your office,’” says the 44-year-old practitioner, who recently earned national recognition for outstanding dental practice design. Dr. Horgesheimer is among five dental and architectural professionals featured in the Incisal Edge winter edition as winners of the magazine’s third annual design competition, presented by Clarion Financial.
Annually,Incisal Edge, the leading lifestyle magazine for dental professionals, offers an opportunity for national recognition in outstanding practice design. The magazine’s team canvasses doctors, architects, designers, and students for nominations across five categories, then turns it all over to the blue-ribbon panel of judges. This year’s competition ran from February 25 through September 25. New for 2016: An entry point designed for ease of use, where previous year’s winners provide motivation, and detailed instructions offer helpful tips – IEDesignContest.com
Award-winning dental practices for 2016 include:
- Design of the Future – Discovery Dentistry, Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, and Amanda Thomas
- New Construction Practice – South Davis Pediatric Dentistry, Bountiful, Utah, and Dr. Jason Horgesheimer
- Repurposed Practice (Tie) – Blanc Dental Studio, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and Dr. Christopher Roxas
- Repurposed Practice (Tie) – Van Timmeren Family Dentistry, Wyoming, Michigan, and Dr. Scott Van Timmeren
- Specialty Practice – Little Smiles Pediatric Dentistry & Costa Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, Ashburn, Virginia, and Dr. Shane Costa.
To be inspired both aesthetically and dentally, view the winning practices in Incisal Edge magazine at: Incisal Edge, Winter 2016. Published by Benco Dental, Incisal Edge celebrates dentists’ achievements both inside the operatory and during their hard-earned downtime.
The competition’s juried panel from the dental and architectural worlds included: David Allison, FAIA, NCARB, ACHA; Tristan Hamilton, DDS, M. ARCH.; Lisa Philp, RDH, CMC; Sangita Doshi, DDS, Columbia, Maryland; and Adam M. Wise, LEED AP Designer, Bohlin Cywinski Jackson.