Dental lifestyle magazine announces its 3rd annual design competition winners
PITTSTON, PA — December 10, 2015 —Parents of patients who visit the Utah pediatric dentist Dr. Jason Horgesheimer often ask him for something unrelated to their kids’ dental care: interior-design pointers.
“It’s rewarding to have parents say ‘I want my house to look like your office,’” says the 44-year-old practitioner, who recently earned national recognition for outstanding dental practice design. Dr. Horgesheimer is among five dental and architectural professionals featured in the Incisal Edge winter edition as winners of the magazine’s third annual design competition, presented by Clarion Financial.
Annually, Incisal Edge, the leading lifestyle magazine for dental professionals, offers an opportunity for national recognition in outstanding practice design. The magazine’s team canvasses doctors, architects, designers, and students for nominations across five categories, then turns it all over to the blue-ribbon panel of judges. This year’s competition ran from February 25 through September 25. New for 2016: An entry point designed for ease of use, where previous year’s winners provide motivation, and detailed instructions offer helpful tips – IEDesignContest.com
Award-winning dental practices for 2016 include:
- Design of the Future – Discovery Dentistry, Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, and Amanda Thomas
- New Construction Practice – South Davis Pediatric Dentistry, Bountiful, Utah, and Dr. Jason Horgesheimer
- Repurposed Practice (Tie) – Blanc Dental Studio, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and Dr. Christopher Roxas
- Repurposed Practice (Tie) – Van Timmeren Family Dentistry, Wyoming, Michigan, and Scott Van Timmeren
- Specialty Practice – Little Smiles Pediatric Dentistry & Costa Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, Ashburn, Virginia, and Dr. Shane Costa.
To be inspired both aesthetically and dentally, view the winning practices in Incisal Edge magazine at: Incisal Edge, Winter 2016. Published by Benco Dental, Incisal Edge celebrates dentists’ achievements both inside the operatory and during their hard-earned downtime. For additional information regarding the magazine, visit: https://www.benco.com/incisal-edge/incisal-edge-a-lifestyle-magazine-for-dental-professionals/
The competition’s juried panel from the dental and architectural worlds included: David Allison, FAIA, NCARB, ACHA; Tristan Hamilton, DDS, M. ARCH.; Lisa Philp, RDH, CMC; Sangita Doshi, DDS, Columbia, Maryland; and Adam M. Wise, LEED AP Designer, Bohlin Cywinski Jackson.
About Benco Dental
Benco Dental, headquartered in Northeastern Pennsylvania, is the largest privately-owned dental distributor in the United States, offering a full array of supplies, equipment and services to dentists across the nation. Founded in 1930 by Benjamin Cohen, the company has remained family-owned and focused on its unique mission to “deliver success, smile after smile.”
Within the past 85 years, the company has grown from a single downtown location to a national network of more than 65 regional locations, five distribution centers, and three design showrooms. Those design showrooms, one at the company’s Pa. headquarters, one in Southern California, and one in Texas, feature North America’s largest selection of dental equipment and technology, as well as a hands-on dental design experience, to assist dentists in the planning and construction of a new office.
In addition to offering the market’s broadest choice of equipment and supplies, Benco features a suite of innovative material management tools like Painless®, its industry-leading on-line inventory management system, and BluChips®, dentistry’s original and most rewarding frequent buyer club. Through alliances with selected Success Services, Benco also offers practice coaching, continuing education, equipment financing, and wealth management services. Benco, which has been named one of Pennsylvania’s ‘Best Places to Work’ for 12 of the past 14 years, is proud to boast a highly skilled team of more than 400 professionally trained sales representatives and over 300 factory-trained service technicians. For more information, visit benco.com or call 1.800.GO.BENCO.
- : Incisal Edge, the leading lifestyle magazine for dental professionals, offers national recognition to the five winners of its 3rd annual design competition sponsored by Clarion Financial. One Design of the Future category winner received a $5,000 purse. Three existing dental practices – one winner from each category- received a professional photo session for their practice and a plaque; all winners are profiled in the magazine’s winter issue. Featured on the cover is the recipient of the award in the New Construction category, Dr. Jason Horgesheimer of South Davis Pediatric Dentistry, Bountiful, Utah.