Staying healthy while traveling is possible. Sometimes, though, even the best intentions to workout don’t come to fruition.
In planning for your Lucy Hobbs Project Celebration trip to Chicago this fall, take at look at the fitness center at The Blackstone as well as other outdoor areas where you can enjoy what Chicago has to offer while making your wellness intentions a reality.
The Blackstone, an iconic downtown Chicago hotel where the 7th annual Celebration of Women in Dentistry with the theme Mind+Body+Soul will take place Oct. 3-5 ( Register today ! ), offers a fitness center (shown above) open 24 hours a day. No matter your schedule is, the fitness center fully-equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, and free weights accommodates.
“The expansive space, large number of equipment options, sweeping park/lake views, and graffiti walls provide an enjoyable and inspiring workout experience to our guests. Also, the graffiti walls are decorated with motivational quotes from sports legends and array of iconic Chicago sports team memorabilia.”Clare Saviski, Marketing Director at The Blackstone.
4 ways to fit wellness into your trip
- Lakefront trail, an 18-mile long path, runs along the Lake Michigan coast. This trail runs through Lincoln Park, Grant Park, Burnham Park, and Jackson Park. The trail is open to cyclists, runners and walkers who want to enjoy views the area has to offer.
2. Grant Park features various art installations, sculptures and Buckingham Fountain to enjoy and hosts many sports and fitness opportunities.
3. Maggie Daley Park (above) a lakefront recreation center, offers an ice-skating ribbon in the winter, roller-blading space in the summer and two rock-climbing structures.
4. Hutchinson Field at the southern end of Grant Park houses a dozen baseball and softball fields and offers a large open area for events.
Utilizing The Blackstone’s offerings, as well as the trails and parks only a few blocks away, can help you stay healthy and energized throughout the celebration in October!
The skinny on the Lucy Hobbs Project Celebration
On October 3-5, The Blackstone Hotel, 636 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60605 will welcome the 7th annual Lucy Hobbs Project Celebration #LHP19, which honors six women in dentistry and feature CNN’s Poppy Harlow.
Three days of events, with a focus on Mind+Body+Soul, will include panel discussions, Continuing Education credits, and opportunities to give back, while inviting the project’s members – and all women in dentistry—to “Achieve Your Personal Best Balance, at Home & Work”.
- Thursday, October 3: Afternoon reception and optional tours
- Friday, October 4: Full day of panels, speakers and the Celebration ceremony honoring six Lucy Hobbs Project award recipients
- Saturday, October 5: Morning group yoga and healthy breakfast followed by give-back activity to benefit Let It Be Us, a nonprofit that finds homes for the 18,000 children living in Illinois foster care.
Ready to register for Mind+Body+Soul at The Lucy Hobbs Project Celebration in Chicago?
To register for the event: https://www.regmadeeasy.com/benco/the-lucy-hobbs-project/2019/