Jokes are one of the most classic ice breakers, mood lifters, and laugh inducers of all time – especially in the dental office.
So, it’s not a surprise that jokes have their own national day dedicated to all of the joy and giggles they bring about.
August 16th is National Tell a Joke Day, and it’s time to celebrate.
Jokes can be used in virtually any situation, considering there are infinite jokes about infinite things that relate to infinite situations, including dentistry.
Jokes can be the perfect antidote for nervous patients who may not enjoy trips to the dentist.
By lightening the mood and lessening the tension, telling simple, funny dental jokes may be the perfect way to ensure that all patients have enjoyable and low-stress visits.
Here are a few jokes to entertain any patient in your dental office:
- What did the judge say to the dentist?
Do you swear to pull the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth?
- What do you call a dentist’s advice?
- What does a member of the marching band use to brush his teeth?
A tuba toothpaste
- What’s a dentist’s favorite time of day?
- What will a dentist give you for one dollar?
- What’s a dentist’s favorite dance move?
Apart from making dentist visits more enjoyable for some patients, jokes also offer several other benefits related to laughter, such as:
- Health benefits:
- Increases production of infection fighting antibodies
- Improves blood circulation
- Increases production of endorphins
- Reduces stress
- Soothes tension
Make sure to celebrate #NationalTellAJokeDay and make someone laugh! Let us know your favorite dentistry jokes if we missed them, too!